Report a damaged or missing street nameplate
What you need to know
We maintain and repair damaged, dangerous, incorrect or missing street nameplates.
We aim to make safe all reported dangerous street nameplates within 2 working days (in some cases the street nameplate may be completely removed and will take up to 12 weeks to replace.)
We will replace street nameplates within 12 weeks:
- damaged and dangerous e.g. sharp edges, loose posts
- missing entirely, or partly
- faded so the street nameplate is not clear enough to be read
We will review street nameplates every 6 months:
- where writing is faded and becoming difficult to read
- where they are aged and worn
- misshaped or bent but clear enough to read (not dangerous)
- a second street nameplate is requested where there is only one in place at the street junction
We don't replace street nameplates that are clear enough to read but with a small amount of weathering (a request can be resubmitted at a later date if the condition of the street name plate worsens).
Move a street nameplate
This is a chargeable service, if you would like us to consider a request to relocate a street name plate, please complete the relocation form.
How to make a report
Use this form to tell us if you see a damaged, incorrect, or missing street nameplate.
Other ways to make a report
If you cannot make a report online, please phone us on 01452 396 396