Solace is a partnership between Gloucester City Council, Cheltenham Borough Council and Gloucestershire Constabulary. The multi-agency team work together with communities to prevent, investigate and tackle anti-social behaviour (ASB). The aim is to reduce repeat incidents and victims of ASB by providing a consistent partnership approach between the Constabulary and local authority alongside support agencies and other partners.
Both Cheltenham and Gloucester’s Solace team are led by a team leader and made up of one police officer and one police community support officer both seconded from Gloucestershire constabulary, along with one council ASB caseworker.
Solace will provide ASB investigation, resolution and support services to all owner-occupier and private residents who reside in the urban areas of Cheltenham and Gloucester, on behalf of the respective district councils. They also supply some support and guidance to social landlords and housing associations where required although not in the first instance. Issues relating to ASB within public and open spaces can also fall within the remit of Solace in accordance with the statutory duty placed upon local authorities.
- anti-social behaviour assessed as high risk to the victim and/or having a high impact upon the community
- partnership priorities as agreed between Gloucestershire Constabulary and the local authorities
- support for cases where urgent civil action is required (e.g. closure orders)
- anti-social behaviour assessed as medium risk that would:
- benefit from a multi-agency response
- has a significant potential to escalate
- Support for all other cases where civil enforcement action is being considered (e.g. criminal behaviour orders and civil injunction)
How to contact us
Gloucester City Council
Telephone: 01452 396 396 and choose the option you need
Cheltenham Borough Council
Telephone: 01242 262 626
If you're a Cheltenham Borough Homes tenant, please contact the Safer Estates team.
Telephone: 0800 408 0000